Your roofing system is designed to provide excellent and long-lasting weather performance. But it may also develop issues over time that prevent it from doing this crucial job. The first step to ensuring a sturdy and damage-free roof is to learn more about the common concerns involved with its upkeep – and being prepared to deal with them promptly.
1. Roof leaks: They seem like a minor annoyance, but roof leaks do get worse over time and leave your home vulnerable to water damage. There are many reasons a leak may occur in your system (poor maintenance being one of them), but your primary concern is its detection and repair.
What to do: Make sure to call your trusted local roofing contractor promptly for the appropriate solution. When you deal with a leak in time, you can minimize the damage to your roof and home, and ensure the system can continue providing the effective weather protection you’ve come to know.
2. Clogged gutters: The gutters serve as an extension of the roof and the component responsible for channeling rainwater away from your home so it doesn’t do any lasting harm. But leaves and other loose debris can settle inside open gutters, creating blockages that allow water to back up and overflow. Instead of draining through the system and out the downspouts, rainwater seeps behind the eaves (creating leaks) or runs down your home’s exterior and foundation (increasing the risk of structural damage). When left unchecked, a clogged gutter can also pull away from the roofline and collapse.
What to do: You can prevent congestion in your gutter system by hiring a professional for regular cleanup. Cutting back any encroaching tree branches over the gutters will also help. There’s also the option to invest in a gutter protection system, which reduces both the possibility of clogs and the need for frequent cleaning. But first, consult your residential roofing company if installing gutter protection will be a viable option for you.
3. Damaged shingles: The shingles take the brunt of damage from inclement weather. High winds, for example, can either loosen or tear them off completely. Extreme Florida heat can also make them dry and brittle. And, if there’s moisture trapped under the shingles, their exposure to heat can make the water vapor rise up, causing the material to curl and blister. Impact damage from wind-blown debris is another possibility, leaving dents and cracks on the shingles where water can leak inside.
What to do: When you know it’s about to be hurricane season, have your roof checked and repaired beforehand. This way, you can minimize the amount of damage it sustains. Calling your roofers for a comprehensive inspection following a major weather event is also important. They’ll be able to assess your system’s overall condition and, through storm damage repair, handle any developing problems before they worsen.
4. Poor ventilation: Roof ventilation is tied closely to your system’s longevity and performance. If it’s insufficient or incorrectly installed, heat and moisture can get trapped inside the attic. These not only encourage mold growth and rot, which can weaken the roof structure, but lead to premature shingle aging as well.
What to do: Again, it’s best to turn to trusted roofing professionals for the appropriate fix. They’ll either unblock the vents to allow hot, moisture-laden air to escape or add to (or update) the existing ventilation to ensure there’s proper and continuous airflow. Sufficient ventilation can prolong the life of your roofing system and, at the same time, help maintain a cool and consistent indoor environment for your home.
Why You Should Turn to Total Roof Services Corp.
You can deal with any roofing concern simply by choosing the right emergency roof repair or replacement company. Looking for one seems daunting, but it’s actually easier than you may expect. For starters, you can just look up some online, taking your time to check their credentials and the reviews they’ve earned from previous clients. You also have the option to do it the classic way: asking family and friends for local referrals. However you go about finding your roofer, you’ll probably notice a familiar name being recommended to you.
That will be Total Roof Services Corp. As one of Central Florida’s premier roofing companies, we have all it takes to ensure your roofing needs are met to your complete satisfaction. Here’s what to expect when you choose us for the job:
- Greater Peace of Mind
Hiring a roofer means asking yourself whether your choice can be counted on for quality products or if the company can successfully meet all your expectations. Total Roof Services Corp. takes the guesswork out of this task. You know you can depend on us for exceptional roofing products because we are GAF Certified Master Elite® contractors. You’re also sure we can complete your roof repair or installation to quality specifications, thanks to our extensive training and 10 years of industry experience.
- Better Customer Protection
Total Roof Services Corp. is committed to honest and transparent business practices. You only need to ask us for proof of licensing, bond and insurance (including workers’ compensation and liability coverage), and we’ll be more than happy to comply. After all, we want you to go into your project confident in the fact that you’ll be working with a qualified roofing company all throughout.
- Access to High-Quality Products
We’ve mentioned that we are a GAF Certified Master Elite contractor. This means you get to benefit from some of the toughest, most beautiful and most enduring asphalt shingle residential roofing systems available today. You’ll also have access to our solid warranties, including the GAF Golden Pledge® Limited Warranty. It comes with 50-year coverage on materials and 20-year on installation, adding an extra layer of protection to your investment.
- Complete Service.
Total Roof Services Corp. works to deliver the highest standard in roofing service – and we continue to succeed in this regard through superior workmanship backed by a decade of industry experience. Our warm, personalized service also sets us apart, allowing us to earn five-star ratings in Google My Business and the continued support of our Central Florida communities. We are also an A+ Rated company with the Better Business Bureau.
There’s no roofing concern that your trusted expert, Total Roof Services Corp., can’t handle. We’ll help you deal with leaks through our emergency roof repair services and ensure your greater peace of mind in your roof installation with our experienced and certified team. You can always expect the best results when you choose us to work on your roofing needs. Call us today at (407) 495-4151, or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation. We proudly serve Orlando and all the areas in Central Florida.